Friday, February 18, 2011

Growing up...

So 3 years ago I was living the ultimate single life. Happy hour 3 or 4 times a week, partying on the weekends and doing all kinds of crazy crap. I wasn't concerned about saving money, looking to the future, searching for a husband or even wondering what would happen.

Nothing makes you a grown up quicker than having a child! I've realized over the last few months that I've made some very adult decisions and didn't even realize the transformation was happening. I've got a college fund and savings fund for Princess, I've put her in the best school I can find and sat down to look at finances to make sure I can afford it. I've researched the different options to make sure I will move to the right area for us to be safe and happy, I haven't jumped at my impulses like I would have in the past.

When my house was broken into I carefully looked at options for the replacements-I tried to find the best value and prices on things. Even though I REALLY wanted a Mac I went with a HP, because I know that a grand on a laptop isn't necessary for me to just browse the net and FB. I've been car hunting, trying to find something better and more reliable than my poor little lemon I got. I was at a dealer yesterday and it came down to only one option-a car I didn't REALLY want, but it was a good decent car-I walked away. In the past I would have smiled, said sure, and signed on the dotted line. I actually decided to walk away and think about it for 24 hours, and decided that there could be a better option out there for me.

I'm in the process of planning my first vacation in 3 years, and trying to find the best possible deal and not just be swayed by pretty pictures (we are going to Florida in June-YAY) I even plan to go on a vacation once a year. I want Princess to have a full and fun life and get a lot of experiences. I haven't been very many places myself, and I want  to make sure she has more opportunities than that. I'm also putting her in a ballet class in March, which I'm super excited about. I'm hoping she loves dance as much as I do!!

I think I've finally grown up...its taken awhile. I'm not really sure how much I like this whole 'adult' thing, but its what's best for my child, and ultimately best for me too.

2 comments:

  1. sheesh...has it been three years since Mexico??? Seems like yesterday......that was so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, 3 years ago!! amazing how time flies! Was a GREAT time though

    ReplyDelete