Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
~An Irish Blessing

This is my favorite Irish blessing. When J and I were together we always said this together on St. Pats over a beer surrounded by good friends, it makes me a little sad, but I enjoy the memories. This year my St. Pats will be a little different. I'm going to look up some Irish stories/fairytales and tell Molly some over bedtime tonight. We will be having corned beef and veggies at my mom's house. No drinking and foolishness this year for me, and I THINK I'm ok with that. I've maybe finally outgrown my party days. But on this day I will always fondly remember those past crazy times and the drunkeness I have shared. Now its time to share some Irish heratige with my little Irish princess!

Happy St. Patricks day my friends, enjoy it safely!
My Irish Princess

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Teach her the MEANING and HOW to celebrate!!! :) and I love the main pic of a beautiful curly headed Molly.....you are raising a pure beauty..... just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JL! I wish she would let me fix her hair, she is not a fan of the hairbrush. I asked Jason the other day if he had curly hair and he said he did when he was little (as did I) so I'm guessing the curls may fall out before she turns 3. Oh good lawd she will be 3 next....

    ReplyDelete