Friday, April 01, 2011

21 Day Challenge

Ok, I finally can start to update! I started the  My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge on Wednesday. Basically, you eat 5 meals a day (duh) but its meals they have already prepared fresh for you. You get 3-4 days of meals at a time, the nutritionist makes out the meal plan for you, so you literally just drop in, pick up what she's already pulled out for you, take it home, and eat according to schedule. The meals are made around the clock, so the food you eat is completely fresh. They are packaged all nice and pretty in a microwavable container. All the calories, fat, protein, and carbs are labeled for you and your meals are organized to give you a good variety but still have you reach an appropriate caloric intake. You need to do a liver cleanse, which I don't think is a pure cleanse, since like my mom said you really shouldn't be eating when you cleanse, but its designed to help purge your liver sort of. Its GROSS. 4 oz. unsweetened pure cranberry juice, 1 tbl apple cider vinegar and half a lemon. Take every day after breakfast. In addition, I'm taking CLA (fat burner) at breakfast & lunch, and glutamine (to repair sore muscles also curbs sweet cravings) at night. I've gone for 3 days without coffee/tea/soda and have added ALOT more water to my day. I haven't felt hungry or deprived or like I'm 'dieting' because I'm NOT. I'm eating healthy meals at the right time, with the right caloric intake and I always feel satisfied, but not at all heavy. A big plus especially on workout days!

The food has been amazing-spicy turkey breakfast tacos, amazing salmon, tons of fresh tasty fruit. its all been so good so far. Adding a great healthy eating routine to my Camp Gladiator will just help drop the fat even more!! I've done 4 CG sessions so far. Every one of them has been challenging, fun, different, inspiring and HARD. But in a good way. The trainers have been amazing. Amy & Mason encourage me, correct form, acknowledge correct movements, and most of all make each day interesting to go to. This is the first workout I've not once thought 'I really don't want to go today'. I actually look forward to each session and quite possibly would go every single day if I could!

I've enjoyed this round of workouts, I've really enjoyed promoting both MFF and CG and encouraging my friends and coworkers to try it out. I'm planning to do my Fitness Nutrition Coach certification in May and maybe even go ahead and get my personal trainer certification in July. I'm really more interested in nutrition. My interest right now is Child Nutrition. Maybe I can help change some of the ways that kids are being fed in schools, or restaurants and help them have more healthy options. The knowledge is out there, and I want to soak it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment