Tuesday, September 04, 2012

September!

I cant believe September is finally here. I swear I could just copy my Fall post from last year and paste it and I doubt much will have changed. I love fall. I love the smells: apples & cinnamon, the crisp smell of hay and fall leaves. I love the tastes-pumpkin pies, pumpkin spice lattes, apple cobblers, ciders, butternut squash soups, anything from the crock pot-pot roast always seems 'fallish' as does chicken and dumplings. I love the changing of the colors-the reds and browns and golds. The way the leaves change colors, the way the sky looks during the sunset. I love the way it feels-festive, cool brisk weather, snuggling up (not that I have anyone) under a blanket at a FOOTBALL game (Hook em!!), the State Fair of Texas-one of my all-time favorite things to do EVER. the sense of spirit for Thanksgiving and Halloween and knowing that Christmas is just around the corner. I love the CLOTHES. Leggings, warm cuddly sweaters, and of course the boots. God how I LOVE my boots. I'm so excited for that first cool day that I can wear them. Ok ok ok-I dont have much excitement in my life, so YES I'm excited to break out my boots.

Anyway....I can't believe fall is coming. On September first this year I busted out the mini-crock pot and made Princess her favorite dish, little smokies. I cranked up the college football on the TV and enjoyed an end-of-summer beer, Breckenridge Summerbright, and broke out my first Apple Spice fragrance warmer. It was a fabulous day. Of course it was still 100 degrees, so I'm annoyed by THAT part, but other than that I had the fall favorites. Except my pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. The one thing that I 'splurge' on. Mmmmm that sounds tasty right now. Tempted to text the baby-daddy and ask him to bring me one tomorrow.

Ah fall....how I love you and everything you make me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment