Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tasty summer snack

So for some reason I decided to be 'crafty mom' this past Saturday. So in addition to the sea salt spray I ALSO made a special strawberry shortcake for our Mothers day lunch. I wanted more than just berries and spongecake so I decided to get a little creative!

Total time-15 mins

a tub of whipped cream
a carton of strawberries
a package of white chocolate pudding
strawberry angel food cake (Walmart bakery section)
Hershey's semi-sweet baking melts
Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting (Walmart frozen section)
(I did NOT use the white chocolate)

So it was actually pretty simple.

Pudding 'dip'
I made the pudding according to the directions and spooned in about 3 large scoops of whip cream and lightly swirled.

Chocolate dipped Strawberries
The strawberries I cut in half and dipped in the semi-sweet chocolate, which I put about 10 discs in a bowl and slowly melted in the microwave!
Yummy drizzled strawberries!


Final product
Cut the cake into small squares, top with about 4 chocolate berries, a scoop of cool whip frosting on top and a side of the pudding dip.

It was actually pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment