Monday, March 10, 2014

Best birthday party....

EVER! I'm still struggling with the fact that Princess will be turning 5 soon, but we had her party this past weekend at Build a Bear Workshop. And I even managed to keep it a surprise from her! Yay mommy! This was the best and easiest party I've done so far. I usually stress and overthink on her parties and end up having ZERO fun because I'm doing so much work. This year, it was GREAT!


For starters the only food I had was cupcakes! I did the cutest set up for them. I think they turned out adorable. I used small 8 oz cups and added Dessert Skittles to the bottom to set the cupcakes a little higher. Then I added some pink frosted cupcakes, put another 8 oz cup over the top and cupcake tape (found in the scrapbooking section of Walmart!) to keep it closed! They traveled fine!


Everything I needed for our My Little Pony(ish) Party I found at Walmart!


Clear 8 oz cups
Dessert Skittles-softer colors to match the ponies, found in the regular candy aisle
Cupcake Tape-found in the scrapbooking aisle-lots of different designs!
Vanilla Cupcakes with pink/white peaked frosting


Put a layer of skittles, drop in the cupcake and place another cup over the top and tape. Make sure the tape goes under the bottom on each side. These traveled very well and looked pretty cute in my opinion!




Dessert Skittles and cupcake tape!









For the goody bags I did cheap and simple! Pink Zebra plastic bags from Walmart with bubbles, a ring pop, a lip gloss,  a sheet of My Little Pony Stickers, and a little 'grab bag' MLP from Walmart-you don't know which one you get til you open it! (only $2.37!). I also put the mini bottle of water inside the bag. Easy to transport. I folded down the top and taped with more cupcake tape, punched a hole in the top and added a home made MLP thank you card! Done!




"Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me! You are one of my best pony pals!"


Bubbles, Lip Gloss, Ring Pop, Stickers, and MLP grab bag. Perfect for the princesses!


Pink zebra duct tape, found in the craft or hardware dept of WalMart/Target helped add a nice touch to the mini water bottles!





We started our party at Build A Bear where Princess got to ring a bell and have a sweet ceremony with her friends to bless the heart of their new friend. So now she is able to carry around 6 hearts all loved on by her friends.  I admit, I cried. I'm a softie. They got to fill the stuffer, wash their stuffed friend, and then we sang to Princess. Afterwards we headed to the food court to sing happy birthday, open presents and thank our friends for joining us. We even had a stranger passing by who asked who's birthday it was and handed her a $5 bill and told her to enjoy her birthday. Yes, I cried. It was a nice reminder that there are still kind people in the world.


It was one of the easiest and least stressful parties I've ever put on. I managed to successfully surprise my kid, and the look on her face when I told her all her friends where there to celebrate her birthday was priceless! I fully recommend BaB for a birthday party as it is simple to execute and there is something for every kid! Each of our 7 kids got something completely different.


Photo of all her friends with their new stuffed friend!
 
Princess and her puppy Cutie.



I still can't believe this sweet baby girl will be 5 on Wednesday. How quickly it goes by....





















No comments:

Post a Comment