Monday, May 19, 2014

The new cheer season!

Well the new season of cheer has started! We had tryouts a couple of weeks ago and my little Sparkler has moved UP to become a Firecracker! She has moved from Tiny Show to Mini Show which means nothing much except age. But to her its very exciting because she feels like she is a 'big girl'. And the best part is her "cheer sis" K is one of the helpers for this season and I know with her mentoring the Firecrackers that Princess will grow even more.

I can't stress enough how happy I am I found this amazing gym. We have made several very good friends, we have had another friend join the team with us. Princess has started to grow in her skills. We have started a tumbling class and she is getting very close to that back walkover and the perfect cartwheel. It helps so much to have a friend in the class with her, as well as a great coach who she just adores. And I admit, I love sitting up there watching all the amazing athletes at our gym. We have some truly dedicated coaches and kids who have a very obvious passion for what they do on that mat.

Being there watching the coaches and dance instructor has sparked my desire to dance again. Which prompted me to enroll in an adult dance class that has been fantastic and that I'm actually participating in the recital for this weekend! Yep - me, jazz shoes, a sparkly dress and tights. Not to be missed of course. Anyway. This gym has truly become a blessing for my little family as its brought me great new friends, and  re-ignited my own passions of dance and working with kids. Watching the coaches and seeing the determination of the athletes, even in the little tiny team has made me realize how much I miss being involved in something like that. I'd love to coach,  choreograph, organize etc. Its made me miss the dream I had to have my own studio and be the one making the costume choices, and choosing the music, choreographing the dance, picking the competitions etc. Oh how I used to dream about doing all of that. Can it still happen? Perhaps someday. For now I'm focusing on our upcoming season that has some great competitions (yay for the BEACH!), making more new friends and just loving our new found sport that we can both enjoy (supposedly there will be a parent team and of COURSE I want to try out for it!!). I absolutely love being a cheer mom. Its something I'm not sure I ever really thought I would get to do, but I'm loving being a team mom, getting to know the new parents, getting to be a part of a family that backs each team up and supports our gym like they do. Its something so fun to be a part of and not at all dramatic like you see on some of the TV shows.

Some people question why I choose cheer for my child (although she still does dance and soccer as well). Because if you know anything about the sport and the people who do it (all star is completely different from sideline) you know the amount of time, determination, dedication, and heart it takes to perfect these routines for your 2:30 on the mat. The pain of pushing through your tumbling, being dropped in a stunt, being so tired but knowing you need to keep going until you hit it perfect every time. It teaches you focus, pride, team work, and passion. These young athletes are so dedicated, so proud, so supportive. Its an incredible environment to be in and to watch a child grow up in. I hope that Princess becomes passionate, if not about cheer then something else. Something she will learn being with these kids. Her cheer family. Along side these dedicated kids at our beloved gym. If you don't know, you should take a look inside. Its spectacular to see. And I'm thrilled that we are a part of it. BleedBlue.

Tryouts! 2014-2015 Season

Professional Photos by B.Photography

 
Professional Photos by B.Photography
 

No comments:

Post a Comment